Saturday, September 21, 2013

Creative Character Designs


I deign these characters in "Drawing for Animation" class.

This was really fun project. We developed our designs from doodles, silhouettes and textures.

The reason these characters are special and original is that I inspired by abstract shapes and created what I was seeing.







And we picked up 3 words randomly, we developed 3 characters from combining words
My word are "Musical, Fire engine and Cheetah"


Musical + Fire engine.

In top left, that is a very first idea for musical fire engine. That is cute but a weak design in terms of details and story. So I developed the car design and props for him



Cheetah + Fire engine

The first design is really  dumb... 
but I'm happy with the final one.




This is "Musical + Cheetah"
I like this design but it is LITTLE gross..?
I didn't render this with shading.



This project was really helpful to me for create NEW characters.
I felt the limitation to make characters before. 
I learn we can find creative designs from everywhere 
(it can look stupid in first design but don't worry)






No comments:

Post a Comment